Preston Mosque is now open and welcomes you.
Islamic Wedding Services
- Valid Passports of the Bride and the Groom.
- Proof of Residential Address, whether AU or abroad (otherwise the address given on the booking form will be registered on the certificate).
- Conversion Certificate for new Muslims (Groom or Bride).
- Presence of two Muslim Male witnesses, with their ID’s (If you don’t have any, please let us know to organise)
- Presence of the Wali (the bride’s father, brother or next of responsible male kin to the bride).
Please Note: The Groom, Bride, Her Wali & The Two Muslim Male Witnesses Should Attend The Ceremony In Person, Otherwise The Registrar Or The Imam Must Be Informed Of Any Issue While Submitting The Application.
- Written declaration of the agreed Dowry (signed by both couples).
- A copy of the booking form can be downloaded from the website (see below).
- If the bride has previously been married, then an Islamic divorce certificate is required.
Optional: Reserving a room for the ceremony or hiring the hall for a Walimah. If you are planning on having your nikkah at Preston Mosque, and only planning on doing the contract signing with no set up necessary, you will need to inform the Office Manager on how many guests you are planning on having. However if you are planning on having a ceremony with setup and food being served, you will need to contact the Office Manager with reservations at email@example.com or 9470 2424 for arrangements as well as fees associated.